1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I feel like I would be nearing mid-life. I am so tired most days, and I feel like mt younger days are so far gone. Being a teenager was multiple lifetimes ago, and that makes all of its bad decisions that far away. What makes me feel like I'm nearing mid-life is that I still think about those dumb decisions with regret.
I missed a week, apparently. I'm just going to do two today.
2.Which is worse, failing or never trying? I actually read a book that discussed this. It's worse to never try. People tend to have regrets over things going badly, but the worst regrets - the ones that actually get worse over time - are the ones from never trying. Having to wonder "what if" can bog you down much more than knowing what happened. Yes, it sucks to fail, but that often brings enlightenment. Otherwise, you're static and constantly looking back.
3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Obligations. People like ruts, whether they admit it or not. They like to look at scintillating things but to feel comfortable where they are. It's kind of depressing, because there's no progress that way. We make ourselves feel better by saying "One day, I'll..." and then put your you-know-it's-not-gonna-happen activity in the blank. My only hope is that I get a half-and-half life where I get to do at least SOME of the things I want to, rather than consistently bogging myself down with things I would prefer not to do.
1) How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I would be sixteen. I don't feel like I'm almost 21. It's not even really a milestone for me. I think I'm just starting to come into my own, and though I was never one who wanted to grow up, never one who wanted to be an adult, I think sixteen is a nice balance of responsibility and youth. I wouldn't miss anything about being twenty (one) if I backtracked five years or so.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? --> 15 I guess...
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? --> Never trying, but I act like failing is worse...
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? --> Good question! Because we want to please other people and we don't dare do to some specific things.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? --> Yeah, I think so. Good to think about, I would like it reverse...
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? --> All the hatred between people. When everybody treats others like he wants to be treated himself, the world would be much much better!
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? --> I would work with sick children, to make them feel better. I would go baking cakes with them and go sailing.
7. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? --> I don't understand this question...
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? --> I would be more impulsive: if I want something I would do it, instead of thinking en re-thinking it again and again and doing nothing in the end.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? --> I don't understand this question either!
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Both, but most about doing things right, I guess. Is that right ;) ?
1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 2.Which is worse, failing or never trying? 3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? 4.When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? 5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? 6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? 7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? 8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? 9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? 10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? 11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? 12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? 13.Would you break the law to save a loved one? 14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? 15.What’s something you know you do differently than most people? 16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? 17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? 18.Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? 19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? 20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? 21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? 22.Why are you, you? 23.Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? 24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? 25.What are you most grateful for? 26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? 27.Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? 28.Has your greatest fear ever come true? 29.Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? 30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? 31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? 32.If not now, then when? 33.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? 34.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? 35.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? 36.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? 37.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? 38.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? 39.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? 40.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? 41.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? 42.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? 43.What is the difference between being alive and truly living? 44.When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? 45.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? 46.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? 47.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? 48.What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? 49.In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? 50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?