Well, I'll try anyway. Litost is intense longing (and associated visceral pain) for what you believe cannot be.
Posted one year ago
Other notes for this Goal:
These can be words I didn't know before, or words that I know, but never use in real conversation.
7. omakase - from Japanese "entrust" - how to order a meal of sushi entirely chosen by the chef
6. kitsch - Art, decorative objects and other forms of representation of questionable artistic or aesthetic value; a representation that is excessively sentimental, overdone, or vulgar.
5. kerning - adjusting the spacing between letter pairs so that the way they fit together is visually pleasing and does not leave the appearance of gaps.
4. Litost - Czech word that doesn't have a good English translation.
1. Alacrity - willingness, excitement, zeal
2. Prevaricate - fail to tell the truth
3. Fungible - interchangeable