50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I'd be 18. I started college early, and never got the chance to make the freshman year mistakes. I feel like I'm making up for that now.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Failing is the worst feel like ever, but it passes much quicker than the 'what ifs.' I might feel bad that I failed for a long while, but I'll always wonder what if.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because they live thinking of the future, they do things that they think will get them to their goals, not what they enjoy. People think they have all the time in the world.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I will have done less than I have said, but I'm hoping this list will change that.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
People were made to be love. Things were made to be used, but things are being loved, and people are being used.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Oral surgery, making people smile is the only thing that matters in life.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I'm doing what I believe in. I'm the first in my family to go to college. Instead of settling for a bachelors degree, I am going to school to become an oral surgeon. I am doing why more than anyone would expect from me.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would not go to school for oral surgery. I'd only have 10 years to practice my profession. I'd be a waitress, and I'd travel all over the world. I'd do only things that I enjoyed, and I would never waste precious time in the books.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I feel like I have no control. I have always done things to make other people proud or to please other people. I wish I could change it, but I just can't bear to disappoint others.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I worry about both. I hate not being able to do things perfectly, but I can't bear making people around me feel badly or like something was unfair.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Simple, I stand up for my friend.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Mistakes are how you grow, don't beat yourself up over them.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
In a heart beat.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I feel that tattoos are insane, but often times when people explain what the tattoo means to them, it becomes creative and beautiful.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Handle stress, I have absolutely no relaxation techniques. I've been told that every time something goes wrong I act like its the end of the world. I think thats how I always feel.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
People march to the beat of their own drum. What's right for me might not be right for you.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back?
Fall in love. Fear.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes, my anger toward my father. I just don't know how to let it go. Some times I think I have, but then others I just can't seem to.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I would move to South Carolina. Its some where that I don't know anyone. That way I can start fresh, and make it on my own.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
I do push the elevator button more than once, and it totally makes the elevator come faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Joyful simpleton, to be worry-free is to be happy. I would rather be happy than anything
22. Why are you, you?
I was born this way, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I am a great friend. I forgive unconditionally. I would do anything my friend asked of me, and thats the kind of friends I have surrounded myself with. They are the best kind of friends.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives near you is worse. Its your fault that a great relationship has ended. Its so saddening.
25. What are you most grateful for?
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I'd rather lose all my old memories. It would be so freeing. You'd have no fears, so you could be exactly who you wish to be and do exactly what you want to do.
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I suppose its not. However, I'm not one to challenge. I don't like to rock the boat.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No, I hope it never does.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
I do remember, and no it doesn't matter. I wish I could realize that things that upset me now won't matter later on.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Building a house of cards at my grandmother's house. It was the first time my grandmother didn't hurt me. It's the only time I remember being happy at my grandma's.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I played basketball again for the first time since high school.
32. If not now, then when?
When I have the time.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Everything I've built to get me there.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes, but I screwed it up with him, and he's screwed it up with me too. We just didn't belong together. It was never the right time.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because love is passionate, and war is passionately defending your passion. However dumb it may be.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
It's easy to know when something is easy, but impossible to know when something is evil.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don't have a job, but I'd stay in school, and I'd still try to become an oral surgeon.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I'd rather have more work that I actually enjoy doing. If I had less work that I didn't like, it'd take me at least as long as work I enjoyed.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Not today in particular, but during the school semester I feel like everyday is the same day.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
A women was being rude to a man in a wheelchair, because he was taking forever to get on the bus. She kept cheering when the bus began to move and yelling things to make the man uncomfortable. I told to be quite. She asked me who I was talking to. I told her I'm talking to you, now stop being rude. Everyone around me agreed when I said that, but no one else said anything to the girl. When I walked off the bus, the man thanked me. I knew it was the right thing to do.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
My mom, she's the most important thing in my life. She'd do anything for me or sacrifice anything to help me. She means the world to me. I can't believe she loves me as much as she does.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Not a chance. Every gift comes with hardships, and I think my current gifts are worth my current hardships. I don't even wanna know the negatives that come with being famous or extremely attractive, not to mention I'd have to give up 10 whole years of my live.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
I never know what is right for myself. I'm a pros and cons kind of person.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Experience is a harsh teacher.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Express my feelings.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
When I was laying next to someone and breathing on their neck. Its always loudest then.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
My family, I should express my love more. I have a problem expressing my emotions the way I should. I'm not very emotional.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?
What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
I probably won't. I want to change that. I want to make everyday too good to forget.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I'm letting others make them. I'm such a pushover not to mention I'm terrified of making a mistake.
Posted one year ago